Batched SMTP mailer for sendmail and postfix
This package adds a new "mailer" named bsmtp to sendmail or postfix,
which allows you to use batched SMTP as protocol. BSMTP is used in
UUCP environments and allows to transport many mails as a
(compressed) batch instead of transporting every single mail. So
bsmtp is an alternative to rmail.
Special features of this bsmtp package:
- Completely written in C.
- Configurable batch size (automatically sends batch to uux when a
defined size is reached).
- Creates backups of all outgoing batches (and removes them regularly)
- Works with sendmail and postfix.
- libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4), sendmail (>= 8.12.3-1) | sendmail-tls | postfix, uucp, logrotate, adduser, dpkg (>= 1.7.0)
- sendmail (<< 8.12.3-1), suidmanager (<< 0.52)
- bsmtpd_2.3pl8b-16.dsc, bsmtpd_2.3pl8b-16.diff.gz, bsmtpd_2.3pl8b.orig.tar.gz
- debhelper (>= 4)
- Binary (i386):
- bsmtpd_2.3pl8b-16_i386.deb, bsmtpd_2.3pl8b-16_i386.changes
- copyright, changelog
- Official Debian (not always available):
- bug reports, unstable package, PTS