Batched SMTP mailer for sendmail or postfix
This package adds a new "mailer" named bsmtp to sendmail or postfix,
which allows you to use batched SMTP as protocol. BSMTP is used in
UUCP environments and allows to transport many mails as a
(compressed) batch instead of transporting every single mail. So
bsmtp is an alternative to rmail.
Special features of this bsmtp package:
- Completely written in C.
- Configurable batch size (automatically sends batch to uux when a
defined size is reached).
- Creates backups of all outgoing batches (and removes them regularly)
- Works with sendmail and postfix.
- libc6, sendmail (>= 8.9.1-7) | postfix, uucp
- sendmail (>= 8.9.3-4)
- bsmtpd_2.3pl8b-5slink1.dsc, bsmtpd_2.3pl8b-5slink1.diff.gz, bsmtpd_2.3pl8b.orig.tar.gz
- Binary (i386):
- bsmtpd_2.3pl8b-5slink1_i386.deb, bsmtpd_2.3pl8b-5slink1_i386.changes
- copyright, changelog
- Official Debian (not always available):
- bug reports, unstable package, PTS